Frequently Asked Questions
What is an escape game?
- Escape games are real life adventures where you and your fellow players have an hour to break out of a room by cracking codes, solving riddles, piecing together puzzles and finding clues.
Are reservations private?
- Yes. You will only play with members of your group.
How much does it cost?
- Pricing is per player based on the amount of participants. Please see pricing (before tax) below:
2 players - $31.99 ea
3 players - $29.99 ea
4 players - $27.99 ea
5 players - $25.99 ea
6 players - $23.99 ea
7 players - $21.99 ea
8+ players - $20.99 ea
Is there an age limit?
- We have games that fit most age ranges. However, if you are under 14 years of age, you must be signed-in by a guardian. The guardian does not have to play. Players under the age of 7 years old do not require a ticket. Limit of two unpaid minors per reservation.
How does the Play Free for Your Birthday promo work?
- Come within 7 days (before or after) of your birthday and bring at least 4 friends (total reservation 5+ players) and the birthday person plays free! The reservation must be reserved in advance and paid in full (including the cost of the birthday person's admission) then a refund will be issued on site once the birth date is verified (any form of ID w/ a birthday). The refund will be processed to the card used to book the reservation. Birthday refunds requested after the session is completed will not be granted. The amount refunded will vary based on the number of participants and the total amount paid.
Example: 6 total participants for a total price of $150, refund would equal $25 ($150/6).
The Birthday promotion is valid with other OTR Escape promotions and gift certificates (excludes prepaid vouchers).
Are we really locked in?
- No. You can leave the escape room any time if necessary.
Are there cameras in the room?
- Yes. We use them to monitor your progress and offer up any clues.
Do I need to bring anything?
- Just your thinking cap! You will only need the clues within the rooms to escape.
What time should my group arrive?
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your booking. We do have to keep a strict schedule, so if you arrive late you may not receive the full 60 minutes in your room.
Where are you located near?
-We are conveniently located in the entertainment hotspot Over-The-Rhine (OTR) in downtown Cincinnati. We are one block south of Washington Park and directly across the street from SCPA. We are also two blocks south of the Washington Park Streetcar exit.
Do you have designated parking?
- No, however there is metered street parking in front of the building and we are one block south from the Washington Park garage.
Am I allowed to take photos and video while in the escape game?
- Sorry, but we ask that you refrain from taking photos or videos in the escape rooms.
What happens if we're stuck on a clue?
- We will be monitoring your progress throughout the game and will provide clues if you get stuck. We want you to have fun!
Do I need to book in advance?
-Yes, however please call ahead for short notice reservations and we may be able to accommodate. You can see escape game times and book reservations on our Booking page
Is there a limit to the numbers of players?
- All games have a minimum of 2 players. Maximums vary by room.
What is you cancelation policy?
- Changes made (cancelation/ reduce guest quantity) to the reservation 24 hours or more in advance are eligible to receive a full refund (Groupon vouchers excluded from a full refund). Changes made less than 24 hours in advanced are eligible to receive a credit to reschedule booking. Rescheduling same day for a later time-slot is not allowed. No-shows with no advance notice will forfeit the full amount paid.